View Single Post
Old 04.27.2016, 02:00 PM   #53
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
From fellow Mpls comrades-in-arms:

This is the painting on Chris Mars' website's front page right now:

Over the years I heard that Prince owned some (several?) of Chris' works.

Also, Sally Mars (Chris' wife) wrote:

Quote:
Chris and I were at the Cooper Theater in St. Louis Park, Minnesota to see the film "Less Than Zero". We sat toward the front, like we still do. It was mostly empty, but a small group came in and sat in the back row - a small group, including Prince. He wore a long yellow duster and Chris was so thrilled to see Prince there that he got up to go "to the bathroom" four different times just to catch a glimpse of him.

Years later, Chris would record at Prince's Paisley Park. Prince had his own chef and would send meals over to Chris and his producer while they worked.

Chris would record during the day, so Prince could record overnight. Sometimes in the morning an engineer would still be mixing Prince's work from the night before. I remember one song in particular,"Blue Cadillac". I suppose it’s now just a matter of time before I finally get to hear it again.

I was with Chris one morning to find Studio A smelling like incense and draped in peach-colored silk. There were props too, plaster lawn goddesses spray painted gold. I confess I stole a small one.

Rigged through the ceiling beams and hanging over a leather sofa was a microphone. It dangled right where one's mouth would be if one were lying down. I delighted in picturing Prince on his back, breathing sensual words into it.

Everyone in Minneapolis has a Prince story. He was strangely available and loyal to us all. How lucky we were for this.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|