View Single Post
Old 11.20.2009, 12:28 AM   #28
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
This band is so brilliant. Their melodies always blow my mind, as does their production. What I really find interesting about this band is how none of their songs have a full drum sound. I mean, they've been doing this shit for, what, 30+ years now? And not a single song in their catalogue has drums that go beyond "ba dum ba dum ba dum" on a drum machine or electronic drum kit. Really interesting and inspiring, because you don't even notice it for the most part unless you're paying attention. It makes all their songs really distinct. Their constant insistence on playing "wrong" notes all the time is quite awesome, they have to be one of the most musical (and musically complex) bands ever to just sound so off and wrong all the time.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|