View Single Post
Old 04.20.2008, 01:42 PM   #74
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I read some interview, some guy asked about Robbie Basho and Ben was like, "Yeah, he's okay." And the guy asked about Fahey and Ben was like, "No, I don't like his music at all. He's never been an influence. I like a lot of his writings though."

I mean, seriously, you're playing predominantly finger picked acoustic guitar stuff, how can you not like the GOD of that type of music?! That just makes no sense to me honestly. I mean, personal taste is personal taste so I try to give the benefit of the doubt that he may just not love Fahey's songs and that's understandable I GUESS...but Fahey's music is so pure and technical that I just can't see it not inspiring Ben at all. I also read another interview where he said he hates comparisons to Fahey, and he said people aren't even listening to his music, all they hear is an acoustic guitar and they automatically make the assumption that he's influenced by Fahey.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|