View Single Post
Old 12.04.2010, 08:21 AM   #9
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYRFox
i think it's interesting to notice how this board has changed; you would probably get insulted if you did a similar thread against Insane Clown Posse (just dropping this one because I know you're a fan, Eugene), while it's okay to do one against Deerhunter. Weird.
(now everyone go listen to MOON WIRING CLUB)

I don't think there's anyone on this board who would defend ICP, aside from me, and maybe NR (to a much lesser extent). If anyone was doing the insulting, it'd be me - ha!

It should also be noted that 3 out of the 7 people that posted in this thread so far ARE defending deerhunter. That's a lot more than I've ever seen back me up any time my wicked clown fetish becomes a subject of discussion.

Even if what you claim were the case, I don't believe it would necessarily be a bad thing. I remember when I first started posting here, and mentioned KoRn in the "What are you listening to?" thread. I was scared shitless that my n00b ass would be executed on the spot. To my knowledge, acts like KoRn or ICP (who are both a lot more unique than most would give them credit for) were not discussed here whatsoever. But as it turns out, there were PLENTY of KoRn fans on the board - ASP, Derek, Nik, Glice, etc. The same thing happened with Avril Lavigne.

I think I'm losing track of my initial point, but what I'm trying to say is that I wouldn't consider it an unhealthy change if the general consensus of the board altered to bring more respect, and perhaps a fresh new outlook towards underrated artists that are generally the laughing stock of the music world, and not be so afraid to take stabs at pretentious dingleberries like deerhunter (my opinion, not your's), who are the current talk of the town. We are SYG after all, it doesn't get much more alternative than this.

I know you were just taking note, but if you honestly do feel that way, and it does bother you to an extent, I'd like to formally apologize for infecting this board with my clown love. But, I must inform you, I fully intend to be down 'til I'm dead in the ground.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|