View Single Post
Old 02.05.2009, 11:56 AM   #5373
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses

5/10

I've been waiting and waiting to see this movie because I love everything Anderson, and I don't know why I kept putting it off. I finally watched it last night, and I've got to say, it was so-so. Even though I enjoy Indian culture and movies based around it, I didn't feel like it melded well with Anderson's style. It would go from sitar music straight into Anderson's typical Paul-Simon-esque soundtrack in an instant, and this didn't work too well for me. His charactors were standard Wes Anderson charactors as well, seemingly lifted straight out of the Glass family in Franny and Zooey, but this time I didn't feel any depth to them. It almost felt like somebody else was attempting to make a Wes Anderson film.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|