View Single Post
Old 08.04.2011, 07:02 PM   #10
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
People change. People feel the need to explore new things. People go back and listen to it at some point and realise why it was so great back then. But we can't always be excited about something that's not new to us.

I certainly go through phases.

Struggling to find anything new... I wonder if that's why my father kept listening to his pink floyd albums and didn't care much about me being so excited about Nirvana. Maybe it's a getting old thing. You just can't be that impressed with anything anymore.

Or maybe that's because the music industry has changed completely. It's just so tiring to go through piles and piles or mediocre mp3s to find something good. But there are amazing things... but with our attention spam, we might not give it a chance. It's just to easy, listen to it once, delete it. Have hundreds of albums you just DON'T HAVE THE TIME to hear.

Considering that most good things take time to get (some of my favourite albums I absolutely hated or didn't care for at first), I just stopped downloading music.

I buy cds, records and tapes. That way I feel like I can listen to things properly.

I used to listen to Bikini Kill. I can still understand why, even tho I wouldn't have the patience for it anymore. One thing I can't understand (and I don't mean to insult anyone with it) is how come I used to love the Smashing Pumpkins.

Or maybe it's just as simple as teenagers are naturally angry, while grown ups are bitter. So I listen to bitter stuff.

And it really annoys me how non-angry teenagers can be these days. They're supposed to be getting angry and doing stuff, because we're too tired and know better at this point.

About the guitars and the noises... they were amazing back then. Now you will turn on the TV and hear a diluted, commercial version of that in a stupid sitcom or advert. It's kind of like what I felt while reading a fashion magazine about how the hottest hair in Hollywood is the "Kurt Cobain messy-look blonde highlights". Would kind of make me kill myself too.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|