View Single Post
Old 08.30.2012, 02:12 PM   #16123
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
No I haven't. I've probably lied to a few people in the past and pretended that I have, but no. Do you recommend any?

If you must read one, go for ''Manhattan Suicide Addict'' or ''The Hustler's Grotto of Christopher Street''. They should both appeal to your taste for all things NY underground from around a time in the city's cultural history which has been long gone.

I have watched quite a number of films in the past few weeks, some of them brilliant and some of them not so brilliant. Here's two of them.

Ilsa: She Wolf of the SS

This movie tickled my curiousity because a while ago I've done some reading on the physical and mental cruelty inflicted on prisoners by the Third Reich's female personnel and their role and methods of recruitment in the German Nazi party. Dyanne Thorne's character seems loosely based on sadistic scum like Irma ''The Beautiful Beast'' Grese mixed with elements of other ''specialities'' favoured by some of her female colleagues intent on behaving like the most disgusting human beings the world has ever seen. I couldn't watch it in one go because the well-acted violent scenes and realistic special effects made my stomach churn a few times, even though the acting in this film is mostly so bad I can see why it was so popular with certain late night movie-goers who loved gory b-movies about nazis when it came out. The final scene when the camp prisoners put into practice their plot to escape and kill their tormentors is pretty good though. Overall I'm glad I got to watch it, but I felt like the film was loaded with a deeply disturbing subject matter and Don Edmonds invited some comedy actors to act in it. Probably I am just missing the point here.

Megan is Missing

I react in several fashions to a film like this.

1 - Dismiss it as trash while longing for my disapproval to sound louder if I was joined by more people questioning its existence with the intent of putting a stop to it all.

2 - Calm down and wonder why realism geared up to show the worst of the human mind needs to be represented in ways that only seem to appeal to teenagers forever intent on ''standing out'' from the crowd by showing images of torture and suffering to others in a faux compassionate manner towards the victims.

3 - Blame it on Radiohead. I managed to think of creative ways to blame random stuff on Radiohead by watching their videos and observing Thom Yorke representing the human condition.

4 - Get over it. Have a glass of wine.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|