View Single Post
Old 10.28.2008, 05:52 AM   #117
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice(in the 90s thread
Nah, it was more in reference to something Pookie says quite a bit - if you were around at the time (I wasn't) Pixies were for gays.
I think I said Pixies were for women, gays and indie kids.

It's interesting to see the differences between the lists of people who aren't old enough to remember the 80s and old fellas like me who most definitely are.

I would always choose Kollaps by Einsturzende Neubauten (as opposed to the albums other people have listed), Rembrandt Pussyhorse (over Locust Abortion Technician or Hairway To Steven), Yo! Bum Rush The Show (over It Takes A Nation...), Cop (over Filth) and so on, because I remember these albums coming out.

In each case these records were my first exposure to these bands and I clearly remember the impact each had on me.

And I'm not saying that it means my selections are better. Even though they clearly are.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|