Thread: April Madness
View Single Post
Old 04.04.2006, 09:02 PM   #22
jss
empty page

jss has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski
Would anyone be interested in conducting a tournament for the best sonic youth song of all time?

I've seen other boards do this where either 64 or 128 songs are ranked and face off against each other. People vote for the songs over a short period of time then go to the next round.

For example "I love her all the time" might be ranked a #1 seed and face off against "Junkies Promise" (a #16 seed) in the first round. "I love her all the time might win and face the #8 seed "The Sprawl". By the end there would be only one winner... the Sonic Youth song that would be (by the board) considered the greatest of all time.

I would be willing to assemble the songs into a bracket and keep the stats. People could PM me and I'd update the bracket. I could use a spreadsheet if someone would be willing to let me know how to do it.

I have a pretty good grasp of what songs people like and dislike; I remember the survivors that were on the old board a few years back. I feel like I could pick the "favorite" songs and then place them in a decent order.

Let me know if you'd be into it, or if you have any suggestions, please reply.
No. You need to pick the 128 songs at random to set up the brackets. Since there isn't anyway to "rate" each song. Plus it makes it more interesting.
jss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|