View Single Post
Old 02.20.2019, 05:41 PM   #51
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
Blur really only picks up around Parklife for me, and even then The Great Escape can be a little mediocre at times.

Have not listened to Pulp or the Boo Radleys. Or Spiritualized (Ladies and Gentlemen excepted, which I thought was pretty cool. Should relisten.)

The Bends is underrated in modern times. It just gets overshadowed because the band who made it went and created some of the best albums ever right after it.
And what can you say about an album where 'High & Dry' isn't in the top three songs?

I think “High and Dry” is definitely in the top 3 Bends songs.

I used to LOVE LOVE LOVE that album. When it came out, I listened to it and thought about girls.

Now it sounds ... yah, quote dated. But “High and Dry” still has some kick. I can feel those chords in my chest, no matter how many times I hear it. Quite classic, really.

Album ends on a note that looked forward and anticipated the band’s future sound, so that — “Street Spirit” — should be the best song, but I’ll take “High and Dry” over it any day.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|