View Single Post
Old 02.20.2019, 09:02 AM   #48
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhb
If you want to talk about a battle of great 1990s British rock/guitar albums, it's Blur's Modern Life Is Rubbish VS The Boo Radleys' Giant Steps VS Radiohead's The Bends.

Oasis sounds like nursery rhymes by comparison, even if there are a lot of pleasant tunes.

Agree about Oasis, but I actually think Modern Life is overrated.

For me, peak Blur is self-title, *definitrly* “13” and to a lesser extent “Think Tank.”

Those albums can stand alongside the best of Pulp (which is “This is Hardcore,” sorry “Different Class” peeps, but Hardcore is the winner), and the best of Spiritualized (obvioisly everything up to and including “Ladies and Gentlemen...”).

Don’t remember as much about the Boo Radleys, but I think those Blur albums can hold their own against the best of not only British rock, but any alternative rock music from that era.

“The Bends” feels a bit removed from it all. Sure, the britpoppy songs are great, but it has never really felt like a comparable album to other britpop whatsits. Probably because it’s just a hint at greater things.

Why am I talking about britpop though? Spiritualized is not and never was britpop.

Whatever.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|