View Single Post
Old 03.22.2006, 07:13 AM   #2
top 40 squeeze
bad moon rising

top 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by khchris(original)
As I type this, I feel like I already don't connect with many of you. I find the segmenting of the sonic population in terms of content a negative aspect coming from a "community" standpoint. I don't find it very "uniting". People are just going to certain areas and not really all of them. If the goal was to limit traffic and discourage people from talking, I think it's doing a good job of that. Not too many people are going to want to search all 4 boards every single time they're on the board.

I understand the desire to "organize", but in this case, I think "organizing" and sectioning off has killed what flow and unity the other board had.

Another reason why I think it's going to be a negative is that I think it will very much disconnect the older fans from the new fans. Alot of the old fans aren't going to go to the "Sonics" page every couple of minutes and most of us would be hesitant to participate in most of those topics(ie "your favorite album", "your favorite song on Daydream Nation", etc.).

The great thing about the last board was that it was a community and you really got a sense that people were learning about eachother whether or not they intended on doing so. Not that I'm condoning "shoving everyone's life" down everyone's throat, but I got a much more personal and social feel than I do on a board segmented as it is today. This board really does feel like a "music band board" as opposed to a "social board".

Maybe we give it a month or two, do a poll on how the new setup has affected us, do we like the new or old set up etc?

Click on that New Posts button on the top bar of the forum... I dare you!!!
top 40 squeeze is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|