View Single Post
Old 01.07.2014, 05:13 PM   #9
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
definitely go pester tesla. i hear he lives above a korean restaurant on 6th ave.

Close! I live above Souen, a Japanese restaurant on E 6th St, and am constantly at war because of the noise (and the other restaurants).

I think it all depends on what you want to do. To be honest, in the past 6 months, it seems all the record stores have moved out of Williamsburg to either Greenpoint or Bushwick, I haven't been out there. In Manhattan we still have the Academies, Kim's and Other Music.

When I was living elsewhere in the 90's and would visit, I would always make a point of stopping at The Strand on Broadway @12th St, best bookstore in the world. Maze books on Ave A @4th St has one of the best selections I've ever seen in small used store, I think only Red House Books in London impressed me more.

On weekends there is a weird flea market off 6th Ave at 25th St at The Garage, its not one of those goofy brooklyn fleas that are basically just food truck events, there is often some real flea market treasures there. I get old postcards and ephemera from there.

Everyone has their favorite sushi places but Ginger on 1st Ave at 7th St has always been a+ everytime and is reasonable for sushi.

I love the The Stage on 2nd Ave @ 8th St, its affordable. They cook the bacon to order. No matter how busy! They have a good white borscht too, I suggest getting it with egg.

Stromboli Pizza on 1st Ave @8th St is the classic and always great.

Lots to do and the weather keeps going up and down....
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|