View Single Post
Old 07.23.2010, 10:16 PM   #42
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Haha well that's fine, no need to apologize. I can see it rubbing people the wrong way. The thing is, I've been doing this Robe. thing for a while now, in the studio recording recently... and we just did our very finest album in my opinion (the very, very horn-heavy Night Terror, out soon...); I'm in both bands because I like the idea that I can do two projects that are complete opposites, allowing me to be creative in completely different ways. Anyway, after playing slooooooooow drone for months and months, I had to do a spastic, fast, ridiculous, chopped up album. Now that it's out of my system, I will probably do Robe. exclusively for another year.

This album was very cathartic for me, it's also the first SS album I've done completely solo in a long time. I know it's not something for everyone, as it's probably a bit ridiculous, but that's the point. I was proud that I finally got the title track recorded though, that was hell. Thousands of overdubs on that album. Just lots of work. No sequencers or anything, I dropped all the beats and various sounds in one sample at a time (though a lot of the percussion and such is played on pots and pans and manipulated). So, manipulating all these little microseconds... it was a lot of work.

Thanks for listening, either way. It's, overall, gotten a wonderful reception, I'm proud of it but I don't ever want to listen to it again, or make any albums like it again. I'm just trying to do something different with each album, and not all experiments can be successful, at least not to everyone.

...I am thinking of doing a new solo project, mostly based around some acoustic Middle Eastern-sounding stuff I've been working on for a while. I'd probably just release it under my own name. Also, when I've had time, I've been recording some surf stuff with my friend, for a band called THE DEATH POWDERS; but that stuff won't see the light of day for a while, since movies and animation are my main passions... also, re-mixing some of that Robe. studio stuff... we're also slowly planning a new tour too..... plus, personal stuff, so I'm always quite busy.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|