View Single Post
Old 06.05.2017, 11:35 AM   #123
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
So, turns out guest was right about that last Aphex Twin thing being just an overhyped publicity stunt for NTS.

BUT...

Now there's another cryptic countdown on the official Aphex Twin page. Can't help but wonder if he might be stoking the fires for the release of a new proper album.

http://aphextwin.warp.net

Proper albums are few and far between in contemporary electronic music. Too many fuckin' EPs, video game soundtracks, 3-track singles, data dumps, etc. To me, none of that shit can compare to getting an actual fucking album, with packaging and a theme and art and a tour, signaling a new era for an artist.

It's been almost 3 years since SYRO dropped, and defied expectation by being really goddamn good, if quite a bit less revolutionary than the RDJ Album, I Care Because You Do, Druqks, or the essential Selected Ambient Works records.

I know RDJ has been busy in the years since SYRO, with at least one substantial project coming out every 8 months or so, but as good as, say, Cheetah was, it was still not quite enough to give me my fix.

Speaking of that, when in the bloody hell is DJ Koze going to properly follow up Amygdala?! Goddamn the man!!!
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|