View Single Post
Old 02.13.2012, 10:41 PM   #22
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulva
A Bookshelf In The Sky is a neat doc on John Zorn
Also if you can find We Don't Care About Music Anyway it's a neat little performance/doc on the japanese experimental scene.

I've been wanting to watch "We Don't Care About Music Anyway" for a long time. It finally has been released in DVD format in Europe, although it only has Polish subtitles. That sort of makes me hope some other releases will follow with subtitles in other languages. The soundtrack is available for streaming, and also can be ordered, over at bandcamp, and it's truly magnificent (includes madly awesome tracks by Otomo Yoshihide, Hiromichi Sakamoto, Jaike Stambach, among others):
http://bruitblanc.bandcamp.com/album...t-music-anyway

Another documentary worth mentioning (I think) in regards to the Noise scene would be "Nornoise: 12 Portraits About Music", by Tom Hovinbøle. It puts a lot of focus on the Norwegian scene; not a bad thing for those into Maja Ratkje, Origami Republika, and Jazkammer for instance, but there are also some nice interviews with other noise-artists and legends of the genre such as Masami Akita, Toshimaru Nakamura, and Otomo Yoshihide.