View Single Post
Old 05.12.2008, 08:44 PM   #39
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I think you're objectifying both feminists and de Sade there.

Or, less absurdly, the de Sade of his own writings is so far beyond the insidious hegemony of misogyny as to be the perfect manifestation of all that is redundant and impotent about the male gaze. De Sade is just laughably rubbish. I can't remember what de Beauvoir says of him, but I think it's something similar to the above.
If I remember correctly, she agrees with him in understanding the importance of the erotic but criticizes his sadistic (kind of stupid to use this word to describe Sade) oppression of the opposite sex for being the libertine "revolution in the bedroom" mentality. Sade betrays the erotic, or something like that. Where as the erotic is meant for two subjectivities to commingle in their power sharing, de Sade champions his own lustful power over the other in a rebellion against the strict sexual morality of the time.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|