View Single Post
Old 08.05.2017, 05:35 PM   #1395
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
chEEEEEEEEEEFFF!!!

i don't know if you read this anymore but tonite i just made a caramelized red onion for a pizza (or pissaladière, whatever it's called--it was a fathead dough)

AND IT WAS FUCKING AMAZING

i know the recipe calls for white or yellow onion, i forget which kind, but like a proper sudaca i had none so i reduced a whole red onion in irish butter, with a little thyme

IT HAS A HINT OF OLIVE IN THE FLAVOR!!

i don't know if it's the reduced purple pigments or the fact that i burned the bottom a leeeeeeeetle bit and so it added some bitterness, but i swear it tastes like motherfucking black olives a bit

glorious red onion--she and i shall never part

well.

what have you been up to mein freund? (ha ha--sorry to maim your language--)

but yeah. like severian to his movies, i to my cookin'

caramelize one and see.

--

the other half of the thing i covered in a mash of: house-grown tomatoes (some plants are blooming in february!), fish sauce, erythritol (i'm into keto these days), red pepper flakes, oregano, basil, yeast flakes (i had no parmesan at hand)

ha ha ha ha ha

i shall enjoy myself even in teh alpacalypse

never got back to this i think.

sounds like you hit the right spot. Lately i like to soak them (cut into rough, bigger chunks) in cold water with a little bit of red wine vinegear -> next day (cleansed) roast them at highest temperature for just a short while, take from heat; add a little bit of butter and salt...
add that to anything... a cold melon and some prosciutto, a brined duckbreast, soylent green... add herbs
the red onion will rise again!

it's been a while, hope you (and everyone else still active on this playground) are doing fine!
A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|