View Single Post
Old 10.19.2015, 07:05 AM   #10
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee is Free
How Nels could not get Hits of Sunshine is beyond me!

I don't get it either! I can't speak for Nels, but for me the confusion comes from the instrumental passage; the main melody is gorgeous, of course, but I really don't get the nine staid minutes. I get the no-wavy two-note bass line, but beyond that I always have the feeling an interesting guitar track or two was left off the final mix. I've spent a lot of time with this track hoping for an "ah-ha" moment which, after years of effort, has yet to arrive. (Love the guitar tones, however.)

I seem to remember I mentioned this before and got shot down, so this is apparently a minority opinion.

And this moment of confusion doesn't the mar the album itself, which I rank very high. I think most SY fans do. So while I'm being contrary, I'll suggest that ATL perhaps isn't as "under-appreciated" as Nels seems to think.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|