View Single Post
Old 05.23.2011, 08:16 AM   #2
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not sure. Personally, every time I start a new record, I try to completely do something I've never done before. I don't see the point in repeating myself. If I feel like something I've done resembles something else, I erase it. That's just me though.

I think most artists tend to get "worse" as they go along, or at least more tired. There's a few exceptons, but.. think of it like this. The first record a band comes out with, it's kinda like.. their whole life has led up to this. Know what I mean? I just can only think of a few bands where they tend to get more interesting as time goes on -- usually, their first records are the ones with the energy, the passion, the creativity, etc. I mean, this goes for popular bands and underground bands. Oh, bands might get "Better" -- as in more "Talented", or something. For a lack of a better example, look at SYSTEM OF A DOWN. They suck completely, but their self-titled album is AMAZING. They added more instruments later, had more complex and "talented" songs, but their energy, creativity, etc. was zapped.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|