View Single Post
Old 08.12.2010, 03:06 PM   #11869
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
Lonesome Jim and Living In Oblivion are both riots, funny movies. I probably prefer Oblivion.

A while back in this thread there was talk about that Tommy Wiseau film The Room. And I had commented that I'd only seen one scene and dismissed it pretty heavily. Well this is my moment of clarity. The Room is easily one of the most colorful trainwrecks of cinema. It fails in every possible way which is paradoxically why it all works. Plots conceived and abandoned immediately, characters that 180 their motivations on a dime, sometimes several times in a single scene! Four sex scenes, one a repeat of the first, three of which occur in the first half hour of the film, and a mom that regularly visits her daughter for only minutes at a time. As I watched the film I found myself wondering if there was some real significance to the events of the film instead of just immediately labeling them pointless. Such as that alley scene or wherever the hell they were tossing that football around. Speaking of the football, it features so heavily in the movie, more than certain characters, I just wonder if it's the lynchpin to the whole damn movie, that is actually holds some cosmic significance that everyone has missed. Tommy Wiseau easily steals the show, almost every scene without him is fairly boring because you're just waiting for him to get back into the mix. What a movie, I can't wait to see it again.

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|