View Single Post
Old 09.13.2016, 09:45 AM   #2921
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
By the way... Don't you dare fucking miss Feature Magnetic, Kool Keith's new album on MellowMusicGroup, dropping THIS FRIDAY.

Obviously Keith's still around, and I know he's still on fire —fact, last year's Time? Astonishing! was one of his best albums in ages — but he's almost completely retreated back to the underground, which is really saying something in 2016 when "the underground" barely even exists. His albums drop, get some acclaim, and fade from public memory to make room for 900th Thugger mixtape of the year.

I think we need Kool Keith, or someone like him, to step up and be present during this current era of hip-hop. He was always a watchdog for the genre, keeping his sights on the stupidest elements of rap, and never being afraid to call people out for making silly shit. Maybe that's what modern rap is missing? A mouthy motherfucker with a bullshit detector and the ability to balance a fucking ridiculous sense of humor with heavy and thrilling production.

Thanks for posting that SFAD. I'm gonna go listen to First Come First Served and get ready for the new alb.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|