View Single Post
Old 10.22.2011, 05:58 AM   #315
Thin_icE
bad moon rising

Thin_icE kicks all y'all's assesThin_icE kicks all y'all's assesThin_icE kicks all y'all's assesThin_icE kicks all y'all's assesThin_icE kicks all y'all's assesThin_icE kicks all y'all's assesThin_icE kicks all y'all's assesThin_icE kicks all y'all's assesThin_icE kicks all y'all's assesThin_icE kicks all y'all's assesThin_icE kicks all y'all's asses
I was putting a little thought into all of this and noticed something: on most of the articles that announce the split, there are these quotes of Thurston praising his relationship with Kim circa 2008, right? People here have discussed that they might have been apart for some time now, perhaps since the recording of The Eternal, and perhaps that's where some of the cryptic tones come from.
I was remembering that on 2008 (2007? can't be bothered to search now as I'm in a hurry), on the Rather Ripped tour, I saw them live and there was this whole fucking electricity, Thurston and Lee swordfighted with their guitars and it was a fucking amazing performance. Now in 2010, on The Eternal tour, it was like everyone was much more stiff, more calm, no crazy shit going down onstage.
So, perhaps this has been going down for some time now.
All in all, like someone said, we had a good run, every one of them will have other projects and we will always have a fuckload of SY albums to listen to.
Thin_icE is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|