View Single Post
Old 11.18.2010, 01:00 AM   #3153
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
BTW, thanks to all the people who repped me for this post. Glad it was appreciated. It got buried pretty quickly so I'm going to go ahead and bump it, but remove some of the text...
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
My top 50 favorite SNES games.

1. Super Metroid (my favorite game ever made, PERIOD. Only game that comes close in any way is all 80 hours of Xenogears for the PS1, which has a rat crucified. Nothing beats this game's atmosphere, music, graphics, nonobtrusive storyline and gameplay... playing OTHER M the other day almost made me cry because it was so horrible. This game makes me cry because it's genuinely FAULTLESS. I have bought many copies of this game for other people. I am a good friend. I have enhabced my friend's lives through this game.)
2. Tetris Attack (the best puzzle game ever made; Lumines is a better game for single player, Puzzle Fighter and maybe Puyo Puyo are better games multiplayer. Tetris Attack is fun in single, multi, WHATEVER. Just an amazing game... though, if you have an N64, you should get pokemon puzzle league -- it's actually usually cheaper -- and if you have a DS, get the definitive version, PLANET PUZZLE LEAGUE. Actually, if you can import Gamecube games, get the nintendo puzzle collection one -- which is usually really cheap. Nothing beats 4 player Tetris Attack. I know people who have never had any interest in puzzle games who have played this game for days on end.)
3. Yoshi's Island (brilliant. MASSIVE. Beautiful. The best platforming game ever made, period. Fun as hell. Almost feels effortless in its beautiful design and control. A real sense of inertia.)

4. Super Turrican II (ever wanted to play a game where every single moment of every single level makes you go, "holy fucking shit -- this is the coolest game ever?" Well, besides Contra Hard Corps and Ikaruga and Rez... this is about the only game I can say that about. This motherfucker NEVER lets up. You HAVE TO have this game.)
5. Super Mario RPG (so fucking fun! The battle with axe'em rangers is one of the best battles ever! I don't care what anyone says -- this is the best RPG on the system, and what got me into RPG's back in the day. Sure, it gets obscenely easy if you get a certain armor 75% through the game, but man... Bowser and Mario teaming up = genius)
6. Actraiser (part strategy game, part side scrolling sword swinging epic. Best soundtrack ever, possibly. What more could you want? Enix are geniuses... and, actually, I didn't realize this when first compiling the list before writing these little comments here and there -- but the next few games are enix games)

7. Ogre Battle (a hardcore strategy game for hardcore strategy buffs. That doesn't include most people. But I LOVE it)

8. Terranigma (more fun -- and epic -- than Zelda: Link to the Past, this has more in common with the Ys games. Which is to say, this game is fucking awesome.)
9. EVO (Sold this puppy for $80. And I miss it. Another Enix game that's all over the fucking map, seems like an inspiration for SEAMAN of all things. Truly a work of art, the likes of which is all to rare in games)

10. Demon's Crest (Reason # 232r552 why Genesis was a better system: Look at this screen. Games like this were a dime a dozen on the Genesis.. Kid Chameleon, the Monster World games, Chakan, Ranger X, etc... you're some crazy looking hero exploring evil catacombs, with a foreboding atmosphere... unfortunately, the Genesis never got one of the ultimate games in this "genre" -- not really a platformer, not really anything else -- and this game rockS. i LOVE how there's no little energy display. So unobtrusive! Capcom made a very innovative, brilliant game here. People who gave a fuck = almost none)
11. The Adventures of Batman and Robin (GENIUS. Absolutely genius! The graphics, the music, the levels.. gives me chills.. if you love Batman... this game is unbelievable! Fuck! Fighting Joker on a moving rollercoaster while he throws bombs at you.. brilliant! The only good Batman game besides the original NES Batman and Arkham Asylum.)
12. Illusion of Gaia
13. Mega Man X3
14. DoReMi Fantasy
15. Treasure Hunter G
16. Chrono Trigger
17. Kirby Superstar
18. Final Fantasy III (really VI) (this is one game where you'll feel compelled to do EVERYTHING in)
19. Link to the Past
20. Kirby's Avalanche
21. Super Mario All-Stars + World (5 great games on one cartridge!)
22. Contra III (though Hard Corps for the Genesis is a TRILLION times better)
23. Secret of Mana
24. Rendering Ranger: R2 (see my post way above)
25. Earthbound (as much as I LOVE this game, people have a tendency to overrate it, I think, because they feel like they're part of a secret club, haha. Look, it's a modern day Dragon Quest that feels a bit awkward and even dull in places, but its wackinesss -- especially the music -- makes it compelling.)
26. Breath of Fire II (ah, the BReath of Fire games... I think 3 is the crowning achievement, but this game is really really fun. Another difficult, fun Capcom game, basically. colorful, too!)
27. Umihara Kawase (this is one of the most brilliant sidescrolling/platforming games ever, all you do is swing around and shit... yep, that's it. And it's fun!)
28. Super Street Fighter II Turbo
29. SUper Turrican
30. Ganbare Goemon 2: Kiteretsu Shougun Magginesu
31. Zombies Ate My Neighbors (which is better on Genesis, only with a 6 button; AVOID Ghoul Patrol)
32. Castlevania IV (AVOID Dracula X)
33. Final Fantasy II (IV!)
34. The Firemen
35. The King of Demons
36. Gradius III
37. Skyblazer (this game is so fucking fun! It's hard, though.. jumping around EVERYWHERE... if you enjoy jumping really really high, swinging around, sticking to walls, etc.. youll dig this one!)
38. Ninja Gaiden Trilogy (sold, like, 2 copies.. despite being 3 of the best fucking games EVER MADE, with a really beautiful graphical update... go figure)
39. Run Sabre (like a Strider for the SNES, but better. Yep, better.)
40. Cybernator
41. Pocky and Rocky
42. Space Megaforce (one of the most overlooked shoot em ups ever)
43. Lufia II
44. Soul Blazer (don't mix this up with Skyblazer!)
45. Wario's Woods
46. Super Bomberman 4 (only came out in Japan, so just get 2)
47. Metal Warriors
48. Dragon View
49. Tales of Phantasia
50. Blackthorne

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|