View Single Post
Old 11.23.2013, 12:55 PM   #1222
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Ok, I was thinking it had to be some kind of deliberately ridiculous joke. I mean, the amount of close ups of Kim bouncing alone is enough to make me question the seriousness of the vision.

I still feel like the music on Yeezus is not meant to be accompanied by anything other than the early projector video teasers, which only made it more mysterious and lended to its genre-defying vibe. Putting any kind of image over the music seems wrong to me, and I wonder if Kanye is starting to try to compensate for the slow sales of the album.

From a marketing perspective, I know the album has been performing below expectations. It's still going to be multiplatinum in the long run, but as of now it's almost as if Kanye's abandoned his commercial winning streak in favor of a critical one, and though it's resulted in incredible, iconic music, it's also made his whole "biggest rock star on the planet" argument a little more difficult to swallow.

But I'll buy that the video is tongue in cheek. It's like something Lou Reed would have done, and I can respect the hell out of that.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|