View Single Post
Old 04.06.2017, 09:17 AM   #1120
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
hahahahh. She is the daughter of one of my best friends and she is into manga and anime and her parents know NOTHING about it, and her brothers are both under 6 years old. She has never seen the Gibli films and I am gathering up a collection of them on DVD so she can watch them. Then, when she is in High School, I will send her Akira.

Attack on Titan is amazing shit. very weird, cool shit. Makes me wanna read the manga.

There was a live action Japanese film based on Attack on Titan too. Haven't seen it because I tend to hate live action anime/manga adaptations, no matter what country they come from, but I'll watch Attack on Titan soon.

Akira is one of the greatest amines ever. Obviously. Probably, like, he Godfather of anime movies. I guess they're planning a white Hollywood live action avaptation of that too, to follow the guaranteed financial success of Ghost in the Shell. Ugh.

Anyone seen Marvel's Iron Fist? There's an actress in that show -- Jessica Henwick, who was also in Game of Thrones and had a small part in The Force Awakens -- who, in my opinion, would have made an EXCELLENT Motoko in the GITS movie. Yeah, she's British and Chinese/Singaporean, not Japanese, but it's not like there aren't Asian actors out there to use for these roles. I'd MUCH rather see a real-deal Ghost in the Shell film that, like, DIDN'T have the biggest female star in the world in it. It would be more interesting. Scarlett Johansson can only play so many sci-fi/action femme fatale leads for fuck's sake.

Anyway, maybe I'm stupid or being culturally insensitive to white people or something, but to me this looks like a better Motoko than Scarlet.

Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|