View Single Post
Old 01.20.2017, 09:41 AM   #1039
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
the latino business... is very funny

latino is not a "race". sure there are a lot of mestizos as a majority, but it's a very diverse continent. it's mostly a cultural thing.

I'm confused. I know this. I don't believe I said it was a "race." I think I said something about the American Gods TV show changing up the cultural identities of the characters.

In any case, I certainly did not mean any offense, and I didn't mean to imply that I am any kind of authority on "Latino" cultural identity. I apologize if I was crass. I was probably subconsciously trying really hard to not be offensive. I am, after all, a liberal white guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
you have a mishmash of indians, spaniards, africans; various kind of european refugees, asian immigrants, and more-- all of whom interfucked, hard. because there is no segregation. racism sure, but no prohibition to go and fuck the "other". so we're like a litter of mongrel puppies.

in latin america you have black latinos with italian last names, white latinas with chinese last names, quasi-albino latino grandchildren of klaus barbie, amazonian indians who speak no word of spanish and couldn't be "latinos" if their life depended on it, shakira is an arab and so was garcia marquez, etc. etc.

I have to admit, I'm not as familiar with all of this is as I should be. I think I told you once that we have property in rural New Mexico (fucking beautiful place) and I'd love to live there at some point, and I'd like to avoid insulting the extremely diverse people there with my "white dude on vacation" ignorance.

I did know about Gabriel Garcia Marquez though.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|