View Single Post
Old 08.11.2007, 12:29 AM   #122
koolthing78
bad moon rising

koolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asses
>>>>I know what you're saying but we still ain't talking hometaping/downloading ---- we're talking leaking!!! I have no problem with downloading the album/ or copying it when it's RELEASED.

So I guess I don't get how downloading the album in advance (out of sheer unbearable anticipation) with every intention of purchasing it when it comes out is so much worse--or any worse, for that matter--than copying it for free after the release date, when you could just as easily go down to the record store, or Amazon or whatever, and spend the money to support the band. To me that seems like rather odd logic. I mean, as soon as I heard Rather Ripped leaked, I downloaded it and proceeded to listen to it incessantly. And the day it came out, I had my boyfriend go to the store and buy it for me (cause I was at work). And as soon as I got in the car when he picked me up, I giddily ripped open the plastic, fawned all over the artwork, and put it in the cd player. And for the next several *months*, I continued to listen to that album on a nightly basis, discovering new things each time, and appreciating the album even more. Bottom line: while I appreciate the notion that an artist has a "vision" that is spoiled by an album leaking, most people develop their own personal relationship with a great album, independant of its official release date, and/or artwork. Impatience/lack of self-control should not be equated with the deliberate cheating of a band out of their due profits, as was suggested by the person who said they have no problem with copying a CD after its release date. In summary: WTF???
koolthing78 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|