View Single Post
Old 04.29.2007, 08:39 AM   #31
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Air
In Utero technically is not "produced" by him since it just reads "recorded by". Still, that's just the credit, and the sound is so much better than the rest of their output, that I'm sure it's him. He just didn't tell them how to write the songs or bring in a pedal steel guitar player or the like. But then somebody procured a cellist, so who knows.

Albini claimed years ago that he charges proportionate to how much he likes the band. Nonetheless he got $100,000 for In Utero, and I'm sure he got something similar from the Stooges fiasco. At least back in the In Utero days he refused to take a royalties percentage as he's morally opposed to it.

Shellac is my favorite thing he's done musically too. I've seen both Shellac and Big Black and while both were great, the newer band really is superior in my book. Just more range overall, plus the other guys are every bit as talented as he is.
The albums he produces, records or whatever you wanna call it, still sound like momentus taking place. He has an ability tyo make songs sound gritty like no other. Is he an arsehole? Who cares? Only people who still live with their parents really do.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|