Thread: World Music
View Single Post
Old 11.25.2006, 04:31 PM   #106
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
to add to the african trend. check this. a various artists comp called "extreme music from africa". its not pretty but some of it in places is awesome................ its not strictly world music but hey, try it! (think double leopards and wolf eyes, not fela kuti or anything traditional)

http://www.badongo.net/file/1143480
here is a bit of blurb on it....

Africa - the dark continent of the tyrants, the beautiful girls, the bizarre rituals, the tropical fruits, the pygmies, the guns, the mercenaries, the tribal wars, the unusual diseases, the abject poverty, the sumptuous riches, the widespread executions, the praetorian colonialists, the exotic wildlife - and the music.

As a follow-up to Extreme Music From Japan, Susan Lawly releases Extreme Music From Africa. Compiled and co-ordinated after exhaustive research through special contacts from countries as diverse as Morocco, Republic of South Africa, Zimbabwe and Uganda - and the Internet by William Bennett, this extraordinary compilation results in a totally unique vision of a totally unique continent.
TRACK LISTING:
Rorogwela - Death Lullaby
Lucien Monbuttou - Kpiele
Jonathan Azande - Long Pig
Electricity feat. Fire Eater - Dunia Wanja wa Fujo
Vicious Teengirl - Tutampiga
National Bird - Wakar Uwa Mugu
Petro Loa - No Rada No Rada
Godfrey J Kola - Somalia!
Jonathan Azande - Opaque Misery
Lucien Monbuttou - A State of Blood
Electricity feat. Fire Eater - Indlela Yababi
Government of Action - Dada Noir
Lucien Monbuttou - I Find The Enemy
The Mbuti Singers - Massacre Rite

as for a reaction to my irish thing, yeah its pretty "safe" folk stuff, its the only one i had here, ill have to raid my dads collection to get other stuff but his is mostly vinyl and cassette. ill root something better out soon...