View Single Post
Old 09.28.2010, 01:58 PM   #277
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYRFox
I like Deerhunter. Especially Cryptograms - I love this record. Adam, don't you even like that song "Heatherwood" ? I find it hard to believe anyone would actually dislike this song. Simple but great melody, fitting vocals, super catchiness. Haven't heard this new album though and for some reason I'm not super excited about hearing it but I'll probably check it out.

It's alright. They're okay to put on and kinda ignore, just pretty bland when you bother to pay attention to them. Their music just kinda exists, and not much more, I called it "vaccuum rock". It just kinda is there, doesn't really affect anything. I actually just thought that they were just some boring uninspired indie rock band until I saw them live and it was the worst show I've ever seen in my life. The band came off as huge rockstar wannabe assholes, as they played their simple one note shit that was annoying as hell. It just confuses me that there are literally hundreds of creative brilliant rock bands pumping out album after album of awesome melodic rifftastic stuff, and ... well ... yeah... I dunno. They just confuse me, I just don't understand the appeal beyond "oh, this is pleasant enough hmm hmm." But, as I said, therein lies their appeal: even if they don't inspire too much fanaticism, they also don't inspire too much hatred -- just enough people going, "Yeah, this is okay." Hence their popularity.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|