View Single Post
Old 12.06.2006, 03:15 PM   #108
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
gauging the possible selling price of a one of a kind item like this acetate is impossible.
whoever buys this is probably either a rich musician or music executive, or the hard rock cafe will buy it to display it in their "marquee" vegas location.

if I were lou reed I would buy it just to take it off the public eye.

I found a 12" single on blue vinyl of They Might Be Giants DON'T LET'S START signed by the two johns and they drew an accordion and a guitar on it, for $1.00 at a tent sale.

I agree about who's likely going to be bidding on this... but personally i think it is unlikely that Reed himself chase after this though i'd think he'd be the most likely candidate from VU to go for it, since i'm guessing he's the one with the highest financial situation from VU followed by Cale and then Moe... both Sterling Morrison and Nico have passed on now.

However if it is true that there was a previous copy that was in the hands of Moe Tucker, then i wouldn't discount that there might be a couple more copies that lay in the hands of the artists themselves and would therefore not want or need to go after a off quality version of this acetate, original or not. As I think it wouldn't be too farfetched to believe that additional copies were made during the sessions to be reviewed for all of the band members.

a historical and important document in rock music... "yes"
this particular acetate used for releasing the music officially?... without hearing it and only reading about how the sound is sub-par i'd say "no" as i would also think that Reed or Cale and or Tucker would have an orginal master, and if they wanted these versions to see the light of day it probably would've already happened. so the best place for this acetate is in the rnr hall of fame or equivalent.
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|