View Single Post
Old 06.04.2011, 06:07 AM   #55
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
I think it's perfectly fine. I seldom buy music these days sans select few artists I follow closely who seldom release stuff anyway, and the random weird record I'll come across like three times a year that I've "just gotta have". Most music really isn't worth buying. I'm one of those that, honestly, think music is cool but as a whole it pretty much sucks. Same goes with most art. It's 2011 and virtually everyone wants to be an amateur artist of some sort and there is absolutely no shortage of absolute shit out there. I doubt I bought 5 albums so far this year. Really though, I haven't downloaded many either. Also, also, also, I fall under that school of thought that people shouldn't be denied music just because they can't afford to pay for it. It's just entertainment. Shit, I saw a Black Flag cd a few years ago marked 18.99. What a crock of shit. Any band worth a damn will make their coin touring , followed by developing a following of some sort, followed by fans buying stuff. There is just so much music out there these days and it is so incredibly accessible and expecting one to buy everything they want to hear is just insane to me. Do I feel like it is stealing? Of course it is, but I don't follow that "every time you download an album you are taking food out of the mouths of an artist" shit. If you can't survive on making music alone, find a part time job. Sure it sucks, but it's not 1969 anymore. I doubt it'll ever be like that again. Sometimes I'm wrong...who knows.