View Single Post
Old 06.11.2008, 10:54 AM   #76
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Don't mind me saying this, but I think that you romanticise the States a little too much. I mean, I'm not slagging the place off or anything, still if you talk from a few personal experiences with food over there and then want to believe that the whole place holds the same standards, I am sure that you will be up for some seriosuly disappointing scenarios.

I don't even know the place well enough to talk about it, but surely it must be somewhere with its ups and downs just like anywhere else. I am certain of that. Americans boardies please confirm.

No problem. I'd not say that all American restaurants are good, just like I'd never say that all British ones are bad. Just that if I made a general comparison I'd say that, on the whole, I found the ones I visited in the US to be of a better standard. I saw a lot of restaurants in America that looked absolutely awful, but i also found that there really seemed little need to go to these, simply because there was always somewhere close enough by that looked far more appealing. I don't know how true that is of all of America, though - and I definitely wouldn't say that eating out in a place like Ohio is better than in London. Better value maybe, but not in actual quality. Also, a lot of this is based on diner/cafe type food. I rarely went to a top grade restaurant in the US, so wouldn't even begin to want to make a comparison based on those. But of course you're ultimately right in that you can't judge a whole country on a handful of experiences.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|