View Single Post
Old 05.13.2016, 07:06 PM   #125
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I don't get how your can isolate tracks on this record. Sure, there are songs i like more than otjers BUT i still feel this record is a composition. The songs must be heard as one, as the build and flow in and out of each other. I can't imagine listening to any of them isolated or even out of order

I know what you mean, but I just find the parts in between the great parts to be pretty tiresome. It may indeed be meant for full album listening, but I just HAVE to skip through some of these songs.

It may be that I usually listen to music while driving to and from work, and tearing all over hell to different assignments and events throughout the day. This means I usually want to listen to something with a real pulse to it, because I need to keep my energy up. So when I'm driving around and I hear "Hey it's me, I just got off the train..." I'm like NEXT!!!

I haven't listen to the album straight through on headphones yet. Maybe I'll enjoy the slower bits more once I do that.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|