View Single Post
Old 02.07.2011, 12:23 PM   #13
maropi
bad moon rising

maropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's asses
Hi

I've not found a proper thread, so, it seems this one could be OK. I sent it a while a go through the sonicyouth's concert chronology e-mail link but, just in case it's got lost, I send it here, too.

I add some details or modifications to a variety of spanish gigs, where I've been:

07/12/93 - Barcelona, Spain @ Zeleste II
It was not at Zeleste II (small venue), but Zeleste I (the big one).
The other band was "El Inquilino Comunista", from Getxo, near Bilbao, Basque country (Spain). It's said Sonic Youth played their first record in the tour bus, and they liked it so much that Thurston asked to get them to open the SY's spanish gigs. I think that Thurston wore an Inquilino t-shirt during the gig.

09/09/95 - Barcelona, Spain @ Festival
The name of the "Festival", is "Pop Festival", a one-day festival. Tricky name because "pop" means "Octopus" in the catalan language. The pet of the festival was an octopus, of course.
It was not in Barcelona, but in Badalona (a city next to Barcelona). The venue was the park of Can Solei (open air). The neighbours complained so much because of the noise, that the "Pop Festival" could never be repeated...

03/28/96 - Barcelona, Spain @ Zeleste
Other bands were Unwound (I don't remember them, but maybe I was late...), and Beck (alone, acoustic guitar).

06/14/01 - Barcelona, Spain @ Sónar Festival
As a curiosity, Thurston had fast skills to avoid a flying beer glass that flied to his head in a perfect parabollic trajectory (someone thought they were going to play rock that night....but not).

05/28/05 - Barcelona, Spain @ Primavera Festival
Steve played with Christina Rosenvinge too. And there was a Text of Light gig.

04/18/10 -- Barcelona, Spain @ Razzmatazz
Opening band was "Bčstia Ferida", a free-noise-jazz from Barcelona, that includes Mark Cunningham (who lives in Barcelona since the nineties). A very limited edition (20 units) arty poster was sold here, only.

There a lot of performers in the festivals, but I suppose they're not of interest, since they were'nt "proper" opening gigs.

Best regards
maropi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|