View Single Post
Old 05.15.2010, 11:09 AM   #1
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
I've listened to this Built to Spill album several times these past few weeks and I swear by the time the record is over I can't remember a single thing about it. It's like some odd micro cosmological void. I can't remember single a note or a single word. I swear it's been about a minute since the last listen and it's like the last half hour never happened.

And it's not like it was a horrible record or anything. It's not forgettable in a 'well that record has really boring chops and not a single song is interesting so I don't care if I ever remember it' way. I have a memory of liking it, and enjoying it. At least I think I do.

I'm not even reminded of what the songs sound like when I listen to it again. It's not like I get to track two and think to myself "Oh I remember that now." It's a completely fresh listen every time. And these are back to back listens. Sure I've forgotten records I haven't listened to in a few years or whatever, certainly not in the span of minutes or hours. I've never had anything like this happen.

Anyone experience this kind of forgetfulness?

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|