Thread: The Clash
View Single Post
Old 12.13.2006, 09:36 PM   #28
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Okay. Fair enough. People like all of Sandinista. I'll accept that.

But then...what's wrong with Combat Rock? You've got the weird dub stuff, jazzy stuff, funk, etc. It always struck me as a more compact Sandinista.

Interesting question. I'm not sure why those songs don't stick with me the way the ones on Sandanista do. And then there are the highly mediocre and way played to death hits. I think the thing is for me, on Sandanista, much of the experimentation and pop happens at the same time (though I love the full on Revolution #9ish mindfuckery too) while on Combat Rock the pop is completely pulled into the hits. Also, I just feel like it's a lot like Bowie's Lets Dance - a potentially great album consciously dumbed down to mass appeal.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|