View Single Post
Old 10.12.2006, 05:05 AM   #62
UVRAY
bad moon rising

UVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's asses
I hope no one minds the new boy re-hashing an old thread.

Some people seemed disappointed but I thought the Rob Zombie directed House Of A 1000 Corpses was a really enjoyable comedy-horror film. And I liked the music too. I also enjoyed the "sequel" The Devils Rejects. Of course it was claimed that although it featured the same characters it wasn't a sequel at all. But Watching '1000 Corpses first would help you out in knowing what was going on. Both good films. The first one having the edge, I feel.

Certainly one of the greatest horror films ever made was Dario Argento's Suspiria. Not to everyone's taste, especially some younger people who have come to expect more in the way of special effects. But Suspiria is rightly considered a horror masterpiece and at times is truly chilling, relying on psychology rather than f/x. Though some of the scenes, especially that first butchery of the young girl, is indeed bloody, brutal and graphic.

Someone already mentioned the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Yes a thumbs up for that one too.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

UVRAY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|