View Single Post
Old 03.09.2015, 01:57 PM   #42
Peterpuff
stalker

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
Washing Machine is my favorite of theirs by far. One reason why?

Steve's ride cymbal.

From Saucer-Like on, it really defines the album for me. This is where he really perfected it, imo...when, why, and how to use it to best compliment the whole band. It's all over the place, and beautifully sets the mood and tone of many song sections for me. Much more so than on anything before.

Like Panty Lies for example...holy shit it's so simple, but when he rolls over from the high-hat to the ride at around the 2:00 mark, it gives me chills. The "last section" of Washing Machine? Totally different w/o that ride groove. Diamond Sea, nuff said.

I have always seen WM as the perfect transitional album. One that stands alone well by itself while really capturing the old and, in hindsight, where the band was going. It just seems like everyone really seemed in sync musically and creatively with one another on this album.

I also always saw Panty Lies as this really intriguing "feminine" counterpart to Androgynous Mind (which I loved). So I always really like it for that. I can see people not liking it, but I always really dug it too.
Peterpuff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|