Thread: Low-"C'mon"
View Single Post
Old 01.26.2012, 03:11 PM   #87
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Here's another Murder Of Crows song: "Your Battle":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAhaP...ature=youtu.be

Regarding the tour with Death Cab For Cutie: I don't really see Low as a band with similarities of any kind to Death Cab For Cutie, therefore I'm inclined to strongly wish that being exposed to a different kind of audience wouldn't work against Low. Plus, I've never liked the idea of them opening for other lesser (to me) acts like Iron & Wine and even Mercury Rev, pretty much in the same sense that I disliked the fact that Sonic Youth was opening for Pearl Jam at some point in recent years. For the most part, it just works to the advantage of the headliners. Low seem to be related with a thriving independent scene, which they get to support when they are working outside of the margins apparently imposed by their current label. In my mind, a tour as headliners with an opening act such as Jessica Bailiff, Gaelynn Lea, Rivulets, Charlie Parr, or Actual Wolf (Eric Pollard's project, which has a record in the works), for instance, would sound like a much better deal than this tour with Death Cab For Cutie. Still, I think I would consider it somehow better news if there was a possibility of a date in my country, but alas that's not the case. At least I hope and I'm kind of sure that it won't be a situation in any way closer or even remotely similar to that one time they toured as the opening act for Radiohead.

EDIT:
By the way, _tunic_, are you planning to attend Body/Head's performance in Amsterdam on February 27th? I know it doesn't have a thing to do with this thread, so please forgive me but I'd like to know if there are any chances that you'd tape.
hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|