View Single Post
Old 03.18.2009, 09:34 AM   #30
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
1. What is your age? 34
2. What is your gender? M
3. Where do you live (Country) Australia
4. Do you listen to music regularly? YES
5. If so, how often would you consider you listen to music? approx 4-5 hours day when not working - anywhere between 1 and 14 hours perday when working
6. What type of music do you listen to most commonly? NA
7. On a scale of 1 (quiet) to 10 (loud), how loud would you consider your choice of music inherantly? recorded music is only loud when played back at significant levels with the aid of an amplifier and speakers. I donot consider it to be inherantly loud with out these aids, except as an example a full scale orchestra in acoustic mode. Loud is also relative to each person, room and the equipment used to turn the pre-records into waveforms travelling in the air.
8. Using the same scale as a reference, how loud would you consider you listen to this music? At work 96-110 dbA is common, but this is scaled between decibles A or C and time. Anywhere else depends how much I have worked. I can't really scale from a 1-10 because it doesn't really work for me like that. Due to my ears being my source of income I would say 3-4 on the 1-10 scale, however I do beleive these numbers are meaningless, as one persons 10 may be another persons 4.
9. Do you believe that this is a dangerous enough level to damage your hearing? I am very aware when my ears are fatigued from audio signals. Yes and No, depends on the recording a peak transient that has not been controlled correectly could do this at quite significantly low levels.
10. Approximately, how high is the level set on your Mp3/CD player of choice in reference to maximum possible volume of said device? (eg. half, third, full) Depends how I feel at the time. It is set at minus infinity when off.
11. Do you attend live music events? Constantly - approximately 300 shows per year.
12. Do you consider the noise level at said events of a dangerous level? Well for the people who stand with their heads next to concert PA systems when the engineer needs to hit the back wall of the room/hall/arena, yesI do.
13. Do you often wear any form of hearing protection at said events? Yes
14. Are you in an occupation that involves, in your opinion, dangerous levels of noise? Some would say yes, I would say no as I am in control of it and have systems of control that aren't generally used in your average rock concert.
15. Is this resolved in any way by your employer? (eg. by providing hearing protection) Can't mix with hearing protection. However they do pay for my headphones.

Thanks, If I do well then I have you guys to thank
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|