Thread: LA recs??
View Single Post
Old 05.19.2017, 08:52 PM   #12
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
okay I'm pretty clueless and a bad traveller in the sense that I don't really do anything, I sort of just turn up there and then walk around. but in terms of neighbourhoods koreatown obviously has great food, downtown is cool just because of how disgustingly it encapsulates this sort of violent gentrification that you see all across america -- an ace hotel and acne literally 200m from skid row bordered on the other side by an 'arts district', cultural commodification of extreme poverty while keeping the whole thing at arm's length -- but the area itself is really beautiful. highland park has really great record stores, especially check out mt analog, really yuppie and the staff are largely hipster douches but they stock some good stuff and it's pretty cheap. echo park is again yeah really gentrified, obscenely hipstery in a sort of antiquated sense but it's cool. hollywood is good on an empty stomach and venice is to be avoided at all costs.

you guys have got an....interesting country...

guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|