View Single Post
Old 04.08.2006, 08:45 AM   #42
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
A lot of poor Southern/Appalachian white culture is isolated from "standard" English speakers as well, and there is a long history of a different sort of entrenched underclass in those areas also. Do they get a break? No. They hear a language much different from "standard" English when they go home at night too. I think it's much the same thing, but applied differently to different groups.
Perhaps for the sake of consistency, we should also provide education in the native languages of legal immigrants, since they are citizens too?
Of course not, because that gets very messy, difficult and expensive.
Dialects are fine, but jeeziz.
I speak differently when meeting strangers, doing a job interview or writing a paper or a press release than I do when I'm talking to my friends.
We all do.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|