View Single Post
Old 12.21.2016, 08:21 AM   #20280
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
after multiple viewings after the years i've come to see mulholland drive as naomi's bardo trip after she offs herself in guilt for the murder she ordered

it's just told retrospectively, so it starts post-death, then shows you how she got dead

entiendes?

yeah. I watched it a few times over the course of a month when it first came out and repeated viewings make it seem a lot more straight forward than at first. "There is no band." And then she's alone. That kind of stuff. And I mean, just the whole FANTASY of a lot of the scenes. The whole L.A. movie star dream thing. And then that ending. I feel like 75% of the story is told in those last moments.

Scariest part to me is the man behind Winky's scene. The total terror on the dude's face talking about that nightmare. My heart pounded when they decide to go look back there. I don't know. It was more the idea that what he dreamed could be happening in real life. Even if it wasn't anything to actually be scared of, if that makes sense? That weird feeling of 'this is really happening'?

I just really love that movie. I've been a fan of Lynch's work for nearly 20 years, and when Mulholland came out I was pretty at the height of my fandom and even then I was like "woah. I think this just became my favorite Lynch movie."