Thread: boring bands
View Single Post
Old 11.30.2010, 07:56 PM   #134
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I mostly agree with all those. I think ALL Modest Mouse except the early stuff (even then, the songs go on too long, always -- they released like 3 double albums in a year! Jesus). ....I hate to say it, but I've ALWAYS liked Boredoms' side projects better -- like Omoide Hatoba. Late period Boredoms is amazing, early stuff is boring. Pavement -- Slanted and before is awesome, the rest is so dull... But yeah, never understood something like Dinosaur Jr to begin with.. it ALWAYS sounded like boring guitar solo stuff to me... don't like his voice at all, either. Ick... And then, that newish band Deer hunter, they sound like the most boring parts of all the bands you just mentioned. Where is that explosion, that excitement of something like BASTRO or RODAN or SWEEP THE LEG JOHNNY or BIG BLACK or countless other great bands from years before? Where are the Captain Beefhearts?!

...I guess the only one I'd disagree with you on is Merzbow, for the most part -- I have nearly 100 albums by him and I actually find most of em pretty exciting (though they do drag). He just did that 13 Japanese Birds thing that blew me away, honestly.... I also listen to Jandek more than most bands, even though people probably find him boring as hell. But I find his stuff interesting... I guess that's why I mainly listen to wonky, I kinda just got bored with all the "indie rock heroes" of the past 2 decades for the most part.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|