View Single Post
Old 04.24.2012, 02:53 PM   #126
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Agree! Most of them are skunky smelling and bland tasting at best. The only decent European lager I've had are a few German pilsners, like Bitburger.

Agreed but such is a matter of taste as with all beer. A lot of Central Americans really dig that Euro style and so they also produce those metallic tasting Heinekin tasting beers, like eating out a chick with a yeast infection if you ask me, but then again, some people are freak-a-lic like that

For me Pilsner is the way to go for German beers that aren't Bavarian ales, though sometimes I can handle a St Pauly Girl, the mellowest of the Euro lagers. I prefer Belgian styles, while England has some truly delightful ales, Brits have a taste for bitter malts which I'm less into. I like Bass but I'd prefer a great Mendocino or New Belgian ale any day of the week. I do like these exceptionally well also, but they are still a bit bitter and way to expensive sometimes even for special occasion drinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
@suchfreinds. Rolling Rock is basically my favorite beer to drink on the weekends. Fucking cheap and delicious.
then you have exceptionally good taste in regards to low class beers. I swear if you did a blindfold tasting test Rolling Rocks in a glass could mix up even the most religiously zealous beer snob. Plus its cheaper even the ghetto fab malt liquors which used to be the drink of choice of Los Angeles until BudLight took over. But good beer is making a comeback in LA, we even have great local microbrews and small spots are increasing their selection.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|