View Single Post
Old 05.30.2008, 06:08 PM   #4
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
This is an interesting one if by that you mean bands that you expected to be awful, but which turned out to be great live. To which I'd respond Blur.

The even weirder thing about this was that the only time I saw them was on what I think was called the Revolver tour, in about 91-2 where they played alongside Dinosaur Jnr, My Bloody Valentine and the Jesus and Mary Chain. I wasn't even interested in seeing Blur but can honestly say that they were by far the best band that night.

I think it was because they really felt they had something to prove to an audience that were inevitably hostile to their inclusion on the bill. I particularly remember both Dinosaur and JAMC being absolutely dreadful that night. The Valentines were OK, but honestly, for that one night, Blur were a total revelation.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|