View Single Post
Old 10.23.2009, 03:20 PM   #45
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshChops
I

are we becoming such music snobs that we ignorantly shun the pioneers of music of their generations? What's next, Beatles overrated? Nirvana sucks?

Thanks for the tips - I will go back to them, but I do own the first four albums and every now and then try again to get them, and fail.

I think the thing with pioneers is that there's fucking loads of them. Personally, I don't like Zep and I can't stand the Beatles, but you pick the pioneers that suit you. I don't expect everyone to agree that, say, Hank Williams is one of the most seminal artists of the 20th Century, but he's a pioneer that I like. Very few people on this message board listen to Tallis, Downland, JS Bach and the like (and I'd go further and say that many have no idea who Dowland or Tallis are) but their musical pioneer status is irrefutable. Unless anyone wants to refute it, in which case, cool, have fun, help yourself to a prize from the prize trolley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|