View Single Post
Old 06.20.2017, 07:26 AM   #1249
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
the thing is that while sopranos had the smarts to look beyond the individual into the family system, and show how the sickness was handed down through generations, wire had the mega-huevos to tackle society as a whole in a way that hasn't been done since... i don't fucking now. on tv never before i think? the wire was a novel.

I've still never seen the Wire and I just lost HBO because I'm (sigh) cutting back on non-essentials.

I've seen a Wire episode here and there, but never really dug into it. I think a lot of people would share your opinion that it's the greatest show of all time though. Whenever I tell someone I haven't seen it, they look at me like I just shat my pants in public.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|